Friday, December 21, 2012

Words for Palestine

Man with a pro-Palestinian t-shirt in Melbourne in October 2012. Words by May Altoukhi, a Palestinian masters' student. "I do know that I will do everything within my power to fight for my people, to fight for my Gaza, to fight for my Jerusalem, to fight for my Yafa, to fight for my Palestine. If I can only fight with my words, then I vow to spend every day trying to educate at least one person about what is really happening in Palestine. If I can only fight with my voice, then I vow to yell as loud as I can every day, "Free Palestine". If I can only fight with my tears, then I vow to cry everyday for my beautiful country, and my beautiful people. And when I have nothing more left in me, I vow to fight by never forgetting"

No comments:

Post a Comment